Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Opening Words

I wandered into the blog0sphere this summer. The blogs were all the rage leading up to the annual denominational meeting. I was curious. I nosed around and followed the links till I had basically doubled back on myself, arriving back where I had begun. (It reminded me of the old Simpson's bit where Homer's computer declares he has reached the end of the internet.)

I was fascinated by the intellectual discourse and enjoyed getting a bit of a preview of the issues and personalities that would be the focus of the convention. I clicked through the archives of some of the ones I enjoyed the most. Sharp minds to be sure.

However, what I found lacking in the buzz of convention politics, theological debates and megatrend criticism was a focus on the simple work of the pastor.

Preaching, Teaching, Leading, Loving.

These are the things I am called to. These are the things that light me up inside. These are the places I want to become more effective for Christ and His kingdom.

I want this blog to help keep me focused on the things that matter most. If it helps you do the same then I am blessed.

Tim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi. I saw you on the SBC list page. Welcome to the blogging world brother!