Wednesday, October 29, 2008

As promised....the occasional political rant

The election is less than a week away. I look forward to participating in the incredible privilege of voting. I also look forward to this train wreck of a campaign being over! (I am so excited, I spent the evening making one of those calendars with the doors that you open each day.)

At this point in the campaign it is an American tradition to declare with great disgust that this is nastiest presidential race ever. I typically chuckle when I hear that because our nation had some doozies in its formative years that have long been forgotten but would be difficult to match.

But we might actually be onto something this time.

However, this time it is not the candidates that are to blame. Line up the voters, the media and the candidates and amazingly it is the politicians who have the most to be proud of!

The print and television media's bias against McCain and Palin has been transparent and I hope will in time be at least somewhat embarrassing to those involved. On the other hand, many of the anti Obama emails I am receiving hourly almost make me look forward to getting the pharmaceutical emails as a change of pace. (I have been tempted to forward the pharmacy emails to the political emailers and political emailers to the pharmacy folks, but instead I am wearing letters off the DEL key.)


Who knows....maybe next time things will be different.

1 comment:

Tom Bryant said...

"Who knows....maybe next time things will be different."

Funniest line I've heard in a long time!

Rant on!