Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fireproof

This past Sunday evening our church showed the movie Fireproof. (We paid for the licence to do so here.)

I had actually never seen any of the movies produced by the Sherwood church. I certainly applaud the full use of media to enhance the effectiveness of ministry. But I wondered how discriminating many of the glowing reviews I was continually hearing were. A part of me did not want to be embarrassed by an inferior product that was so closely identified with the cause of Christ.

But for the Valentine's weekend and knowing the constant need to speak to and strengthen the marriages in our church we signed up.

The movie was great!

I was grateful for the manner in which multiple relationship issues were handled and I was impressed with how the gospel was presented. As good as the relationship elements were, I really enjoyed the portrayal of faith in the workplace. In fact, my favorite line in the movie is when Caleb says to his coworker and confidant "about your faith.....I'm in!"

I really would encourage you to find a way to use this in your church in the coming days.

No comments: