Sunday, August 31, 2008

Waiting for Gustav in SW Louisiana -- Sunday

I woke up this morning with the news the storm is still heading directly to our community. We are 40-50 miles inland, so that will help some.

We are planning to have church this morning, but I am not sure how many will come. Church will be very brief. Likely a few words, a psalm and a prayer. Today is not a day for exposition! Folks need to be reminded of the goodness and the nearness of God, then they need to get back to their preparations.

We have planned to open the church for anyone in our church family that wanted to ride out the storm together. However, things could change. I stopped by the police station on the way to church this morning and several officers standing outside said that it was possible our entire town could be under mandatory evacuation.

We pray for wisdom. We pray calm. We pray for safety.

I wouldn't mind if you joined us in that prayer!

2 comments:

Blayclan Scribe said...

Hi Pastor Tim,
My name is Leigh. My husband, Joe and I are good friends and fellow church members of Steve and Lisa's.
I saw your name on a comment at Tim Challis' blog and wondered if you were Lisa's brother-in-law. When I clicked on your name and it came up with your blog, I knew that you were.
All that to say, we are praying for you, Susan, the kids, your church and your in-laws. Our church is praying for you also.
May the Lord watch over you, keep you safe, give you wisdom and use you for His Glory.
Blessings,
Leigh and Joe

Pastor Tim said...

Leigh and Joe,

Thank you for your note and more importantly thank you for your prayers.

You never know who you will run into on the blogosphere.

Tim and Susan