Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Sermon Series


I am excited to begin a new sermon series this coming Sunday morning. Mark has long been my favorite gospel, and I have enjoyed getting reaquainted with it the last few weeks.

This will be a longer series than I typically do on Sunday mornings, but if we get tired of the story of Jesus we are in pretty big trouble!

I hope is that the content of the messages will come close to the artwork our youth minister, Gregg Gilmore put together for the series. The artwork uses wordle.net to give weighted emphasis on the 200 most common words in the Gospel of Mark. We will likely do a fresh image for each chapter as we cover it.

[Note -- Due to it lack of footnotes and verse numbers, The Message was the easiest translation to translate into the word cloud. I am a little disappointed the word "immediately" did not show up in the cloud.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim,
In S.S. we've been going through the book of Mark. We're halfway through. It's been a fantastic study! Love the "artwork" Greg constructed. Will look forward to sharing it with friends and what else you post about Mark!
MI family

Payton's mom said...

Looking forward to hearing your messages! I am sure I will learn alot!